Chestnut Residence and Conference Centre - Interior Renovation w/ Boiler& HVAC System Upgrade
Chestnut Residence and Conference Centre is a 28 storey, 714 room student residence owned and operated by the University of Toronto. This project re-organized and renovated approximately 9500 square feet of administrative and support spaces; such as the residence life administration offices, multi-purpose study room, and the expansion and modernization of the existing dining facilities.
Mechanical scope of work:
• Design of a new High Efficiency Hydronic Condensing Boiler Plant and distribution system to serve the scope of work area (previously served with electric heat). Boiler plant capacity was designed to allow for future connection of other building heating loads currently served by electric heat.
• HVAC design complete with high efficiency AHU’s with Economizer cooling and sound attenuation to serve office spaces, meeting rooms, Student activity areas and dining facilities. AHU’s were designed to incorporate existing base building chilled water and new Hydronic heating.
• Design of a new Energy Recovery Ventilator system to serve the existing dining hall spaces.
• Design of Sprinkler Layout as per NFPA 13.
• Design of a Local BAS control system for the Boiler Plant and AHU’s fully capable of future integration into a new base building controls system.
Project services included feasibility planning, conceptual design, detailed engineering & design, construction review, contract administration.