Building Automation Systems (BAS) & Controls
This is the brain of your building. Having the right BAS in your facility can make your building smart – very smart. These system can not only monitor your building’s vital systems, but they can make changes to these systems to adjust and improve the quality of the indoor environment. This will help keep your people happy and your critical systems running smoothly. Another major benefit is that a proper BAS can reduce energy consumption and your operating costs.
In addition to monitoring and controlling your HVAC systems, a BAS can also monitor and control your lighting system and other process systems. A BAS can also monitor your fire alarm system, utility consumption, drainage pump alarms, emergency power systems, and more.
Designing and selecting the best automation system for your building is no easy task. You must first determine which equipment and systems should be monitored and/or controlled. You must then determine how the equipment and systems must be monitored and/or controlled. From there, items such as sequences of operation, communication protocol, system interoperability, system integration, device specifications, cabling, user interface, and more must be considered when engineering a BAS. You need a team that understands and considers all of this information when designing these systems on your behalf. We have completed many projects that do just that.
Please have a look at some of our representative projects below so you can see how we have helped others create their Best Building.
Feel free to contact us to learn about how we can help you create your Best Building.
- Ministry of the Environment Resources – West Wing Laboratory Control System
- Region of Waterloo Lab – Fume Hoods Replacement and AHU Upgrade
- TDCSB Bishop Marrocco – Controls Replacement
- YRDSB Summitview Public School – Heating, Controls & Lighting Upgrade
- YRDSB, E.T. Crowle Public School – HVAC, Controls & Lighting Controls
- Queen’s Park – Tenant Fit-Up
- Morguard, Chillers Plant Replacement
- Ministry of Community and Social Services, Office Renovation
- Aurora Town Hall
- Atlas Health Center
- York Region District School Board – Child Care Centre Upgrades
- WRMS – Controls BAS Upgrade
- WGMC Geosciences Labs – Ventilation Controllers Upgrade
- University of Toronto, Galbraith Building – Nanotechnology Laboratory Upgrade
- Chestnut Residence and Conference Centre – Interior Renovation w/ Boiler& HVAC System Upgrade
- Oxford Properties, Golden Gate – Boiler Replacement
- Ontario Shores – Chiller Plant
- Medical Marijuana Facilities – Various Sites
- GOCB – Heating System Upgrade
- George Drew Complex – Heating Plant, Cooling Plant and Disentanglement
- Bank of Montreal (BMO) – HVAC & Energy Upgrades Program
- Toronto Courthouse – Variable Airflow (Energy) Upgrade