Specialized Mechanical Systems
These are in essence all of the mechanical systems described elsewhere but dialed up to “11”. These are systems that have been specialized for use in facilities that require additional control, capability, and safety. Think Laboratory, pharmaceutical, hospital and data centre settings and you will get the idea.
These systems can include: specialized and high capacity ventilation systems; dedicated exhaust for flammable, combustible, corrosive and hazardous substances; dedicated and fast responding control systems; room pressure control systems; eyewash and safety showers; autoclaves; vacuum, compressed air and other medical gas systems; laboratory drainage with acid neutralization tanks; specialized filtration systems; very early-warning sampling and detection systems; and much, much more.
There are many regulatory requirements that mandate the design of these types of systems and how they must be applied to your specific building. There are also many guidelines and best practises that have been developed over the years that relate to how these systems should be designed and implemented. You need a team that understands and considers all of this information when designing these systems on your behalf. We have completed many projects that do just that.
Please have a look at some of our representative projects below so you can see how we have helped others create their Best Building.
Feel free to contact us to learn about how we can help you create your Best Building.
- Ministry of the Environment Resources – West Wing Laboratory Control System
- Region of Waterloo Lab – Fume Hoods Replacement and AHU Upgrade
- WellSpring Pharmaceutical – Tray Dryer System Installation
- University of Toronto, Galbraith Building – Nanotechnology Laboratory Upgrade
- MOH Resources Rd. – Decommisioning And Abatement
- Medical Marijuana Facilities – Various Sites
- George Drew – Decommissioning and Abatement