Steam & Hot Water
These systems deliver heat to your building. The heat can be used to keep your building and people warm; however, it can also be used to heat your domestic hot water or to provide heating for some other process. Steam systems, in particular, can evolve into very specialized systems requiring higher levels of safety (compared to other systems) built into the design that would be approved by governing local authorities.
Steam and hot water heating systems can become complex and may require higher initial investments than some other alternatives. So aside from understanding what it takes to design these systems, you have to work with a team that also knows when to use these systems. Sometimes, simple electric or unitary natural gas-fired equipment may best for your project goals. We know how to give you all of the right information to help you make the best decision with respect to these systems.
Boilers, venting, pumps, variable or constant water flow, high/medium/low pressure steam, condensate return, piping distribution, heating load duration and requirements, energy use, regulatory requirements, and more – there is a lot to consider when engineering a steam or hot water system. You need a team that understands and considers all of this information when designing these systems on your behalf. We have completed many projects that do just that.
Please have a look at some of our representative projects below so you can see how we have helped others create their Best Building.
Feel free to contact us to learn about how we can help you create your Best Building.
- YRDSB Summitview Public School – Heating, Controls & Lighting Upgrade
- YRDSB, E.T. Crowle Public School – HVAC, Controls & Lighting Controls
- Aurora Town Hall
- York Region District School Board – Child Care Centre Upgrades
- WellSpring Pharmaceutical – Tray Dryer System Installation
- University of Toronto, Galbraith Building – Nanotechnology Laboratory Upgrade
- Chestnut Residence and Conference Centre – Interior Renovation w/ Boiler& HVAC System Upgrade
- University Health Network, Toronto Western Hospital – Domestic Hot Water System Replacement
- Toronto Community Housing Corporation (TCHC) – Boiler Plant Replacements
- QPC – Back Pressure Steam Turbine
- Oxford Properties, Golden Gate – Boiler Replacement
- MOH Resources Rd. – Decommisioning And Abatement
- GOCB – Heating System Upgrade
- George Drew – Decommissioning and Abatement
- George Drew Complex – Heating Plant, Cooling Plant and Disentanglement
- Toronto Courthouse